[Template based on free Blogger template from pyzam.com]

2008-03-14 Desperate for You (moving story from a blogger)


Rain Down on Me: it's my party...
'And I...I'm desperate for You; and I...I'm lost without You'
And the Desperate for You song, by Rebecca St. James. I don't think I'll ever hear that song without thinking of a friend who sang it one Sunday; the same day he fell off the deep end into a whirlpool that cost him nearly everything he had...family, job, home...that day when he sang that song, he meant it, he was desperate - I could just hear it in his heart. I wish I could express how much I wanted to help him, but couldn't; how it hurt to see him hurting, how it hurt to see his family hurting. Even today, when I think of him, or when I hear that beautiful song, I feel such compassion for him...it brings me to tears once again...

Note: The mentioned song is not written by Rebecca St James but by Marie Barnett. But Rebecca's version is probably most remembered by a lot of Christians.