[Template based on free Blogger template from pyzam.com]

2007-12-11 Land of Liberty, Honor God, America! (NRTeam Reviews)


America - The EP by Rebecca St. James | CD Reviews And Information | NewReleaseTuesday.com
Since the age of 16, Rebecca St. James has been writing empowering lyrics for today's teenagers. Now with the digital release of America, Rebecca shares with her fans a beautiful song about the beauty of this country.

The song "America" is one of the most beautiful songs Rebecca has ever recorded. With the pop/rock background flowing behind her vocals, Rebecca chants the words Honor God, America / The Land of the free / Honor God, America / O Land of liberty / Honor God. The song literally left me speechless.

The following track, "I Thank You", which was released on her Greatest Hits album back in Spring 2003, is wonderful addition to this Patriotic EP. Almost as if she's thanking the soldiers for what they've done, Rebecca shines in this vibrant, upbeat song. The EP closer, "Yes, I Believe In God", is another of my favorite RSJ songs. I almost start crying every time she sings the bridge, You said, "If any man comes after Me / He must deny himself, take his cross and follow after Me" / So here I come after You / Knowing when my life I lose / You give Yours in return / You give Your new life in return.