[Template based on free Blogger template from pyzam.com]

2007-10-15 Favorite Songs (from the Bloom weblog)


Bloom!: Favorite Songs
* "It is Well", by Rebecca St. James on her Worship God album. I don't know about you, but I love the words to that song. However, to me, the (beautiful!) traditional hymn music seemed sad (played in the minor key?), and would only remind me that the author of this song wrote it in the memory of losing all his daughters at sea. Needless to say, I kept getting sidetracked by the tragic story and could never focus on the words. And that is one reason why I love Rebbecca St. James's new upbeat rendition which still flows seamlessly with the well-known words.


* Keep looking at the Worship God CD, girls, because now we're going to check out "Quiet You with My Love." Remember waking up in a nightmare as a little girl? If you were like me, I'd usually run and get up Mom, Dad, or Katie. They would comfort me, quiet my fears with their love, and tuck me back in bed. That's the mental image that comes to mind when I hear this song - God taking us reassuringly by the hand, quieting our fears, comforting. "Lay your head down on my shoulder; be still, My child, rest awhile; and I'll quiet you with my love, rejoice over you with my song..."


* One last song from Rebecca St. James before we spin off to other artists! Ready? This one is called "You". I love it because it re-focuses the eyes of my heart on God, it reminds me that he is the one I should want to be like, and that He is the only thing that will last ("cause at the end of the age, You will remain").